Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Good start to the day...

Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend, hard to go back to work after a long weekend for many of us. I got up early this morning and helped my husband work horses on cattle this morning. He trains cutting horses and starts early in the morning before it gets too hot. I went out to help, really to get to work a horse myself but you have to help before you get to play. If you've never gotten to ride a cutting horse, you should put it on your bucket list because it is really a blast. They are such athletes and have such reaction to the cow, just too much fun. It is also very cool to watch horses who are well bred so they have the genetics to want to do the job you need them to do, are well cared for and are provided the nutritional support to do the job. All that goes together to let them become the best they can be with good direction from a good trainer.

As you can tell, in our family, we're all horses all the time. So, my husband is still out there working horses, it's starting to get hotter already and I'm back in my cool office getting ready to write an article for the NRHA Reiner magazine and answer phone calls and e-mails from horse people. Pretty good start to the day....

No comments:

Post a Comment