Monday, February 7, 2011

Horse Crazy 10-year-old (me)....can you relate?

It has been quite a while since I have posted, and I apologize! But I am back and aim to become an active contributor again!



This weekend, I came across something too good not to share. I was cleaning out my old closet at my parent's house and came across something I had totally forgotten about.


A little background....this letter was written to my parents when I was 10 years old. I had just "discovered" horses through a friend at school and had recently started taking riding lessons with her (I was a city girl and my parents knew nothing about horses). At the time, my parents only allowed me to take a riding lesson every other week because I was very busy with other activities (church activities, piano lessons, etc.). But all I wanted to do was be around the horses; everything else came second in my mind! I wrote this letter laying out my arguments for why they should let me take a riding lesson every week....in 10-year-old logic of course!







Luckily, my parents gave in and let me take riding lessons more often. How could they not after reading this! Little did they know that their support of what they must have thought was a "passing phase" would turn into a life-long passion and fulfilling career for their daughter, who was not afraid to beg for something that she wanted so badly.


So, thanks Mom and Dad!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT! So very logical!!! My parents too thought it was a phase. That phase has paid my way through college and let me travel the world. Now- I have a horse crazy daughter to share my crazy world with.

    ReplyDelete